NOTICE OF OPEN POSITION
The DeKalb County State’s Attorney’s Office has an opening for the position of Assistant State’s Attorney. This is for a felony level, full time prosecutor position. The attorney needs to have the ability to prosecute Class 4 though Class X felonies and have a strong desire to serve our victims.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- - Acts as counsel for the State of Illinois in criminal matters.
- - Works closely with victims and witnesses, keeping them properly informed, prepared and supported through the prosecution process.
- - Drafts indictments, complaints and pleadings and supporting trial documentation.
- - Researches pertinent case law, decisions and legislation.
- - Conducts Bench trials, Jury trials and all required hearings related to the assigned caseload.
- - Communicate with Victims at all phases of a criminal investigation and prosecution.
- - Consult Law Enforcement during criminal investigations in determining appropriate criminal charges.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- - Juris Doctor (J.D.) from accredited law school.
- - Must be admitted into the Illinois Bar Association with a current and valid license to practice law.
- - Word processing and personal computer usage/training.
- - Knowledge of state and federal statutes/common law and applicable court rules that are applicable to criminal law.
- - Ability to draft legal documents, correspondence and/or reports.
- - Ability to effectively and respectfully communicate with staff, attorneys, defendants, judiciary, the public and law enforcement.
- - Ability to utilize common sense understanding and to carry out instructions issued in writing, orally or through illustration.
- - Minimum 3 years experience.
Salary commensurate with experience plus benefits.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to;
DeKalb County State’s Attorney’s Office, 133 W. State Street, Sycamore, IL 60178
DeKalb County State’s Attorney’s Office
133 W. State Street
Sycamore, IL 60178
P: 815-895-7164 F: 815-895-7101